GracePoint Church has a long history of worship and service to the community. Shortly after the city of Coppell was founded in 1890, this church was founded in 1896 with 19 charter members as Coppell Baptist Church. The first building was erected and dedicated in 1901. The church remained in this first building until 1948, when a new building was erected in then downtown Coppell, at the intersection of what is now Bethel and Coppell Roads. In the early 1970s, the name was established as First Baptist Coppell and the church moved to its current location on Denton Tap Road. Through the years devoted, caring people have always stood ready to minister to the community in the name of Jesus Christ. That spirit of love, compassion and care that charaterizes Jesus’ ministry on the earth is alive, well and flourishing in GracePoint today.